Saturday, June 11, 2016

"The Latest Greatest"
Lets see...we got a couple more nice donations (Thanks Ivan and Bill!).  And an idea I had about a week ago has been paying off...
As I was driving to church last Sunday, God dropped the idea of using the oil changes I've been doing as a fundraising source.  So the profits from them would go directly to the "Food to Venezuela" effort.  I thought "what a great idea!" and told some people about it that morning.
I hadn't done any oil changes for awhile (over a month, I'd guess) but that morning I picked up 2 and then later that day I got another one and on Monday was connected with 2 other people who needed an oil change!
At risk of making an environmentally iffy metaphor -  
Oil changes veritably raining from the sky!!
at least the text is green... lol
It seems that people like to donate to a good cause, especially if they can get something of value in return...besides the warm fuzzies...

Update on the latest shipment: It will arrive in Miami today and we're going to send one container of Ensure by air to expedite it and the other 5 containers (they sell in a box of 6) we'll send by ship since that is the least expensive.

Anyways, have a great weekend peoples!  :)
Nate


Ways to help
1. https://www.gofundme.com/24y3qnw
2. LMK if you or someone you know needs an oil change.  Good price, good cause AND I come to your work or home so you don't need to wait at the mechanics shop for an hour plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment